Tuesday, December 1, 2009

An afternoon post, HELLO DECEMBER!

I got off my morning job early, and my husband has "month end" today (he goes in later than normal) So I am up and sunny, rip roaring to go! I will be working hard on new items and new things for you all in the PM, but this morning I found some treasures, so I have 2 new features that you just have to see. Who knows, it may help you complete some holiday shopping!

But first let me talk a little about the new items you may have seen in my shop.
I am now offering official listings for both artistic commissions and writing, and I have one print up.
Art commissions can really be anything your heart desires. I have been working in this way for most of my life! I shared my love of commission art work with my bestie, Heather Hitchman, and she has flourished in the same wonderful art world. Commission art, traditionally called "freelance" work (though this term seems cold and overly professional for me!) is a unique way for anyone to create the art that is in their mind. All you need is a concept, an idea, or a few inspirational images, and you have got yourself the beginings of a commission!

I work on nearly any budget, and am willing to try new mediums, unique ideas, and mature themes are welcome. Commissions do not need to be huge, or with a scary price tag!


So now on to the features. I came across the first on the etsy showcase, this user creates some of the most beautiful masks I have ever seen, and has been featured on Martha Steward!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Merimask - Merimask!

This etsy'n is just a fantastic craftor! Take a look at these beauties


The masks are made of carved leather, they almost look like wood! I am concidering becoming a ferret next year for halloween, or perhaps just for fun! They do customs!

















My second feature is a very different, off beat style of art...
http://www.etsy.com/shop/lulunjay

Lulunjay features folk style tile art of animals doing unusual things
The poses, and essence of each work is stunning and whimsical, a great breath of fresh air from the over rendered works I am used to seeing!








1 comment:

  1. omg i love those masks! must find that shop! thank you for mentioning me also ^^

    ReplyDelete