Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Creative Overstimulation

No feature today! Don't cry!

I know not too many people read my blog yet, and many are not Blogger members. I post this link on facebook, so I hope you will comment on there!

I am going to take the images tonight, and they should be up by tonight or tomorrow... so whoo hoo official opening!
I have gotten a bunch of seasonal items completed. one of which I am in LOVE with... and can't decide if I want to part with it!

My shop will be a little scattered for a bit as I sort out my method and stock. Sort of touch and go for a bit, but trust me, my items are quality, and beautiful! I hope that everyone will take a peek and pass it on!

Now for the blog title... what the heck does it mean?
I seem to have a nagging creative issue. Call me an American, but I suffer from creative over stimulation. Take a pill? Lay off the coffee you say? No not that easy. I always seem to find great inspiration, and despair, in other artists AMAZING work. First I will rush to try and emulate or be just as good, then I get frustrated and let all that energy go to waste. I always seem to think I am simply not good enough, or that someone being better should mean I should stop trying. What a stupid internal battle...
What it comes down to is, I have to suck it up, move forward, and put in the work. The hardest thing about being in start up mode is that there is a lot of work, that yields very little. The criticism is fierce from people all around about what I am, and am not, doing. Rather than give up and despair I am going to just keep going. It is worth the uphill battle. I love this work. I breathe it, eat it, sleep it... you get the picture. It can be stressful at this point, with the how the heck is this going to works and the will I ever be good enoughs. I have a ton to learn, and I am SO ready for it. I am working to love weekdays, and I am about to step it up hardcore.

Lastly,
I was asked by the Hubbs "why do features?" This is a great question. Why plug artists you don't know on your personal blog? Features are fantastic! A feature gets other artists web hits, faves, and SALES. If you are able to steer people away from the "big box" store and twards the handmade realm that is a plus one for you right away. One person swayed can generate sales all around for everyone in the community, its that fancy word of mouth thing. Second you can build great friendships, connections, and more sense of community. You can learn from other artists this way. Not only that but your feature could get people talking about what you have to offer, or a counter-feature! See how awseome networking can be?

So I guess my feature for this entry is a feature-feature!
I hope everyone is enjoying the blog. I would love suggestions, feedback, comments, and what YOU would like to see featured.
For my grand opening I would love to offer a little promo. Give me great feature ideas, on Friday I will select one and post. If it is your idea I will give you a 10% off coupon for my shop, good for one item purchace anytime this year. This will also be good for any stories or drawing commissions. WHEEEE! (wink wink - great for holiday customs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment